So I thought it would be fun to do a DIY project every once in a while and post them here so I could share them with you guys! I really wanted to share this first one project I did because it's really simple and comes out great!
All you need is a cotton t-shirt (regular size you wear) that may be vintage or something you dug up, a pencil, a pair of scissors, and a ruler if needed.
1. Turn the shirt inside out.
2. Try the shirt on and mark where you would like the shredded parts to end with your pencil. I decided to have long shreds for my design so I stopped about two inches away from my belly button. Depending on how long your torso is, it will vary. I have a short torso, heh. Once you've made your mark, take a ruler and draw a straight line around the shirt starting from the mark.
3. Take your scissors and remove the hem of the neckline in order to create the off-shoulder look.
4. When you remove the hem, it is completely fine for the edges to curl! Then do the same for the hem on the bottom of the shirt.
5. Now comes the shredding. Begin by cutting thin strips from the end of the shirt up to the line you have marked earlier. I made my strips about a little more than a quarter of an inch wide.
And there you have it! A shredded shirt. Didn't I say it was easy? If you want, you could even do short shreds. Just estimate. Again, it may vary depending on your torso but basically, you can do any length you want. There are no limits! Hope this helped and I would love to see your own creations!